you may want to bend a off set in the flat bars so you can get the bellcrank in both holes.

the off set would move the end out to the carb stud and move the rod.bellcrank bak over where it needs to be.

I will study the pic some more and see what up with the slot on the 2 flat bars.

the bolt in the bell crank/rod slot needs to be on the other end of the slot to start and you would adjust it to get it to move the direction it is in now..right now its at max adjustment.

you need to close that gap up for min adjustment to start.

in a perfect world you want that bolt some where in the middle of that slot on the rod from trans.

I think it would be ez to weld a rod to a short piece of the first flat rod,then bend a off set to line them up correct,the use a threded slot adjuster at the carb stud.

I would look in a JY at a van to rob the long rod and adjuster slot piece, the chop/weld it into place...this would give you more adjustment to work with than just the slot on the rod from trans.

i can scratch up a rod maybe and weld a flat bar to it maybe on my end and send it.