Quote:

I myself would love to do something, but what options exist for those of us that those of us (for fear of ruining the cars value) have a hard time with cutting into our cars?
I'd love to stiffen up my AAR, but cringe about welding into it.

Honestly, in your case I wouldn't worry about it unless you are modifying it for other off-road activities. The e-bodies are already pretty decent. Mitch Lelito's ran very well in National level Solo2 with no connectors in his Challenger. It's also worth noting that for anyone considering running in E Street Prepared (ESP), the connectors can not come through the floor, nor may they be continuously attached to the floor.

My experience with the DC/MP connectors welded front and back (but no other attaching points) is that they do not add alot of stiffness. They are too shallow and really need additional attachment points. A short brace bolted to the rocker to floor brace is a possible answer for those who wish run in ESP or SM. As several posters have already said or implied, the more hieght in the cross section and more attachment points, the more effective the connectors will be. Two inch height in the cross section is a minimum to make them worth anything.