Being the frugal guy that I have been for years, the last 2 sets of subframe connectors that I have installed have been homemade using 3x3 .120 stock cut to fit. I welded both sets in, both were A body cars. Now I am ready to do this in the Charger. When I painted the car in 2003, I sprayed the underside to match the topside. This means that when I weld whatever connectors into place, My welds will need to be cleaned up and everything will get painted body color.
I have seen all sorts of different types of connectors in Mopars. The 2x3 bolt in type seem to be the least effective but offer the most ground clearance. In theory, I like the look of the XV contour fit units, but they appear to be only 3 sided. How effective can that be? I'll guess that they intend the edges to be welded to the floorpans? I'd bet that their units are thicker than the guage of the floorpans, so what would you recomend as far as welding two sections of metal of different thicknesses?
I spent $44 for 3x3 plus cutting & grinding discs to make the A body connectors. They are welded on 3 sides at the T-bar crossmember and 3 sides at the rear frame rail. My thinking is that being boxed rather that 3 sided, these should be stronger.
I'm interested in seeing pictures and reading about other members connectors. It may help me decide which way to go. Thanks.

7027684-DSCN1035.JPG (389 downloads)