Do you have any pics of the package tray mods or the race brace across the shock towers? Thanks Tim

Quote:

Domingo, nice work!

Now I suggest weld up the rest of the car. I can tell you that welding up it works wonders, esp underneath. Just be careful not to set the seam sealer on fire. The black n blue charger had a lot of welding underneath where it counts...and a fire.

Another overlooked area is a reinforcement across the package tray that is needed for those 5 pt seat belts and as another benefit stops all the flex across there. Go a step further and weld up the V brace as well. I think you can glue in the reinforcements as well with the correct glue.

Weld weld weld and weld some more.
If you weld up or glue enough of the car in the critical areas it will become enough of a true "unit" body and handle like a caged race car. The f-a-s-t race guys found the cars reacted better with a cage and no frame ties.

Now take it the rest of the way and put a bolt in "race brace" across the shock towers and back to the firewall and reinforce the stock braces in the wheel wells on the inner fenders. Weld the area where the uca mounts are welded to the car and weld up the shock towers and inner fenders. Don't forget a fully welded K frame. I am not sure the lower radiator brace is required bit it won't hurt either to weld that up.