As for why I use the 16" rims?... because they are paid-for many years ago... the 16s were then the hot setup (~thru the late 80s-early 90s) and my car was then setup for those those, as well as the fender lips modified slightly (255-50-16 BFG Comp T/A race radials... later 275-45-16 Hoosier A6 DOT race radials... always with the "soft autocross compound"). Keep in mind -- One of the major reasons switching to 17"-18" rims is to accomodate larger diameter brakes... I still have the stock brakes f/r on my T/A... maybe someday I'll get larger brakes, but whatever I do... I'll remain following the SCCA Solo II E/Street Prepared class rules so that I'll remain legal in that class.... (need to review their changing rules IF I ever choose to get back real serious with them in the furture again).... unless I choose to change the setup for another set of rules from some other club, etc).

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!