The Hoosier race radials are track intended, but DOT-legal by the bare minimum design for DOT. You don't want to drive them on the street if you can avoid it... they'll pick up nails, etc, and you'll be heat-cycling them prematurely... waisting you hard-spent $$$$ (like ~$1200+ for a set of 4).

My car weighs ~3150 in race trim (1/4 tank of gas), without me. This is all legal simply by reducing weight of replacable parts (cast iron to alluminum, race seats, rims/tires, stereo/speakers, etc).

I've encouraged racers that you must consider an overall "package" to be competative -- if you scimp here or there for your personal reasons, such as a comfortable ride, etc, you lose. Go all out and win... the nut behind the wheel is most important, regardles of how well the car may be setup, or how many mods and $$$$ is invested.

Mopar Mitch
Chgo area

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!