Having more than one set of rims makes the choice easier --- street tires, track tires, etc. For street (local driving and hwy cruises to/from shows, etc), I have 15x8 mini-lite rims (replicas of the T/A vintage heritage) with BFG Rad T/As (245-60 front, 275-60 rear). The tall rear tire is good for lowering the hwy rpms (current 3.23 gear, 727 trans). These BFGs are not very good on a road course track (and completely unsuitable for a parking lot auto-x), but they serve the overall daily need.... I may eventually replace them with 295-50-15 BFG Rad T/As for the "wider" look, though not much to gain on a road race track and the hwy rpms will then increase a little. For my serious racing (parking lot auto-x or hi-speed solo-road course competition, my 16x10 rims are the ticket with sticky tires (Hoosier A6 models are the best!), but then... I have to either change the tires at the track, or trailer the car (I own a nice open/wide trailer (fits in the garage/important!) but recently sold my tow vehicle... hope to get another in a year or two from now). In my opinion, and I am considering to purchase, the Kumho Excsta (I think that's the correct model, treaded for hi-performance summer and track days), having a tread-wear rating of ~180 (Hoosiers are ~50), are a pretty good comprimise for street/hwy/road-track time (and perhaps "street tire" parking lot auto-x class. the Kumho offers a largest 16" size 265-45-16, so, that would be OK for my car and 16x10 rims... drive to/from the road course events and be fairly competative... but then, I'm making a comprimise, so, I'd lose to the cars on Hoosiers A6 tires. At this time, I, too, am just out for good friendly social time with the car and my friends, and plan/hope/dream to get my 3 kids (19, 16, 13) eventually behind the wheel of my Challenger at some competative events.... but $$$$ is tight now. One final note, again, I strongly suggest to get/read the Mopar Action magazine August 2006 issue... it covers my t/A and my good friend John Sandberg's SCCA Solo II C/Prepared AAR Cuda in good detail of our history and mods to the cars.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!