Quote:

OK any real world bracket racing info with the wide band? I could care less about drive ability

Quote:

no bracket racing info from anyone

Quote:

thats good, but kind of speed related. I am more interested in making one more consistent using the wide band. down here you almost have to run one lean to survive the daylight to dark scenario.

OK......I'm going to TRY to explain this to you AGAIN.....but in a different way so MAYBE you'll understand.....

Do you absolutely NEED a timing light??? NO, because you could just time it by ear and then slowly put timing into your motor a small turn at a time until the trap speed stops picking up.........

Do you absolutely NEED a tire gauge??? NO, because you could just put air in the tires until they look about the same and then do some burnouts on dry pavement to figure out if you need more or less pressure in each tire........

Do you absolutely NEED an oil pressure gauge??? NO, because you could just run it with an idiot light, or no gauge at all......and if it spins a bearing or kicks a rod out, then you'll know it had an oil pressure problem....

Do you absolutely NEED an amp gauge or volt gauge??? NO, because you could know it's not charging by seeing that the headlights aren't as bright as they should be, or the battery is too low to crank the motor over.....

Do you absolutely NEED an angle finder to set pinion angle??? NO, you could just eyeball it and move it if it vibrates on deceleration or put more angle in it if you need more traction.....

Do you absolutely NEED a water temperature gauge??? NO, because you could just feel your cylinder heads by hand before you went up to make a lap......and as long as it's not puking water, odds are it's not runnnig hot......

Do you absolutely NEED a tachometer and/or shift light??? NO, because you could do EXACTLY like I do my 10 second 4-speed GTS and shift it by ear/feel........

AND do you absolutely NEED an O2 sensor??? NO, because you could do as most people do it........just set your floats.....set the idle mixture and run it......if it bogs, go to a bigger squirter and/or a bigger accelerator pump.......and if you're really feeling froggy, you can even change the jetting like very few actually do to get the most trap speed.........

The thing is, all EIGHT of those TOOLS are NOT needed......and they're all JUST tools........NONE of them tell you ANYTHING you HAVE to have.......

A timing light DOES NOT tell you how much timing you need........

A tire pressure gauge DOES NOT tell you how much tire pressure you need......

An oil pressure gauge DOES NOT tell you how much oil pressure you need.......

An amp gauge or volt meter DOES NOT tell you how much juice you need........

An angle finder DOES NOT tell you what angle the pinion needs to be......

A water temperature gauge DOES NOT tell you what you should run your water temperature at......

A tachometer and/or shift light DOES NOT tell you where you need to shift at.........

and an O2 sensor DOES NOT tell you what A/F ratio your motor needs to run at........and it can't tell you if you have an intake manifold with HORRIBLE air/fuel distribution, unless you put one in each header tube.........

Do you see the pattern here??

What do they ALL have in common?? They take a LOT of guess work out of this hobby and help you get to where you want to be a LOT faster.......

IMHO, EVERYONE that wants their car to run as good and consistant as possible NEEDS EVERY single one of those tools.......

BUT, you don't HAVE to have ANY of them.......