Quote:

I've got a Panther Pink(FM3)70 T/A that i've owned since 1978...The car has been sitting for about 5-6 years after we got serious with SILVERFISH...My wife has been on my a$$ to get it back running as we've had this car before we had kids(Scott's 31)and hauled them everywhere in this car...Lots of memories related to this car like Scott driving it to his high school prom etc.etc...

Cool......Yeah, I saw a pic of it you'd posted on Josh's board.....

Quote:

Do they still sell the LM-1? I only found the LM-2 on the innovate website.

Honestly, I don't know.....but I'm guessing not.....I also have an LM-2 that Innovate gave me when I did my Engine Tuning DVD......... I just use it as my backup in case something happens with the LM-1.....I just drive around with it laying in the passenger seat....

Quote:

Is yours a dual O2 sensor unit? Where do the bung(s) go in the exhaust?

Mine is just single.....I put the bung in the exhaust right about where the front cooler line for the transmission is, on the same side of the car as the battery.....

Quote:

Can you explain the LM-1 unit a little better? I have heard of them but I would like to get more familiar with one.

Any tips?

Are there other companys?

It's it a handheld unit that you can interchange from vehicle to vehicle? Just weld in new bungs..

Inquiring minds want to know!!! hahaha

It's basically just a handheld O2 sensor that spits out a number that you can watch while driving down the road.....You can also do a recording if you want and play it back on your computer, but I've never used that function......

Yes, you can move it from car to car, which is what I do......

Yes, there are other companies, but I've had good luck with Innovate and they seem to be the largest company selling them......

The thing to remember is that it's still JUST a tool......JUST like a timing light, it can't do any tuning for you......it can only tell you what the AVERAGE A/F is in that pipe from those 4 cylinders....

It's not like the average guy can just bolt it on, see what it says, and then know exactly what to do to get the motor to where it wants to be.....You still have to have a REALLY good understanding of carbs to use it to it's potential........which is another reason why I always recommend Dwayne Porter for doing your heads and camshaft....He can walk you through how to tune it and help you get the most out of your combo.....I've spent a LOT of time on the phone with him picking his brain and he's always been more than helpful..... It may cost a little in shipping to send heads to Vermont, but you get his wealth of knowledge for free and HE always answers the phone or calls you right back.....

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......