Quote:

somebody please help this fellow Wayne how much bracket racing have you done?

I, honestly, haven't done a LOT......but I have won a bracket race with my GTS running it with the 4-speed and no tach (that was back in the early 90's and that was the only time I'd entered that car into a bracket race)......

I've also won another 7 or 8 bracket races in other automatic cars that ran in the high 11 to low 13 ET range, which probably doesn't sound real impressive, but the thing is I've entered in less than 15 bracket races my whole life.....

Last bracket race I ran in was about 2 years ago and Wade Metzinger put me on the trailer 1st round with a .501 light to my .510.........

Quote:

very small changes can affect the ET greatly.for instance the 1/2 pound of air pressure you mentioned can change the ET by .02, enough to load you on the trailer. missing a shift point can kill you. these are things I have seen many time over and over.

I was just trying to make a point that there isn't any HUGE ET gain or variation in making small changes (like .5LBS in tire pressure).....which is the same in using an O2.....

The relatively few times I've bracket raced, I've just tuned for max trap speed and then on race day I don't mess with the motor.......I've just concentrated on cutting a light and driving the stripe.....

Quote:

I like tools and very interested in the wide band as an additional tool. I guarantee you I could give someone a direction to go after using it a while. just some kind of idea. just like I can share tire pressure experience that I have learned over the years. if you can make a car repeat time after time with doing none of the above you should be doing big buck bracket racing and making a whole lot of money.

Quote:

I think the wide band is a great tool.I plan on getting one some day.

That's cool......I know you like to give me a hard time (and I like giving everyone a hard time ).....Like mentioned in a LOT of threads.........I also recommend jetting for best trap speed, which will usually end up in the high 11 to mid 12 AFR range.........and make sure there aren't any lean spikes/stumbles that show up......I ALWAYS set the idle mixture for best idle and don't even really care what the A/F is......the camshaft can make the O2 show extremely lean or rich.....

The O2 is an eye opener for anyone that knows very much about motors......

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......