Quote:

Quote:

My apologies, for being to harsh. But you didn't list any plans for future suspension mods. I see a baseline but no listed interest in suspension mods.

No need to apologize, I have thick skin. I've been into Mopars for nearly 30 years, and one of my favorites are the 1973-74 Dusters. I also have an interest in the six cylinder cars. Needless to say 6-cyl. later model A-bodies were always the low car on the totem pole so to speak so it's a good thing I could care less about what others think of my cars/interests.

Quote:

You don't need $30K in parts to do mods. What suspension handling mods are you looking to do? What is your budget? You could do a lot for $500. Especially if you hunt for the right used parts like you do.

I did add a few future mods I will be making if that improves things. I will be picking a few things up as the deals present themselves.
I'm not out to set any records or have a track day car. I just want something that handles better than when it was new, keeps the factory appearance, and most importantly retains the overall factory feel and ride quality of the car(s).

So contradicting and quick to pull the I've been into mopars for x amount of years. Why do people say this all the time, is it like street cred? You want to have the factory feel and ride quality of the car(s), then you are in the wrong section.

I'll come back through this and put my car in when I have some free time so I didn't just add another post to the thread. Mines pretty stock and I think my next big buy will be the front/rear sway bars from Hotchkis.

Entry/Update Date:

Model: Super Bee

Year: 1968

Weight: Dry, Wet w/driver (dont know)

Application: Show and daily driver when it is nice out. 19k miles since 2006. Hope to bring it out to the track this year

Engine Package briefly: ~9.5:1 compression 383. .060 over with edelbrock performer 383 intake and a Holley 750 with vacuum advance. Hi-rev electronic ignition ecu. Cam is from pbm..stats: Adv. Dur. .050 Dur
Int 284 218
Exh 284 218
Valve Lift Int. .458 exh .458
Lobe Sep. 110

Estimate HP: 335?
Trans: 23 spline 4 speed

Speeds: frequently

Gears: 3.55
RE Type: Sure Grip

Front Tire Size Brand Model: 235/60/14 BFG radial t/a
Front Rim width: 6 inches
Rear tire Size Brand Model: 295/50/15 BFG radial t/a
Rear Rim Width: 10 inches

Aftermarket Front End brand: Stock

Front Shocks: autozone special

Front Sway bar Dia: stock

Rear Leaf Suspension Model Rate: stock

Shocks: air shocks

Rear Sway bar Dia: stock

Front Brakes: 11 inch drums

Rear Brakes: 11 inch drums

Drum Size Dia Width:

Parking Brake: it works

Comments: Basically all a stock rebuild, now working on suspension and brakes. The car hooks really good and I hope to take it to the track this spring. Combination of the big tires out back and cheapo shocks up front seem to be the real reason for it hooking good (or its just not as fast as i think).

1. Best above improvement:

2. Least effective above improvement

3. Next improvement: First major improvement will be front and rear sway bars from Hotchkis. Hope to get that on by spring. Next will be brakes. Dreaming of a 5 speed passon transmission when those come out and then bigger (17inch?) magnum 500's...

4. Above car handles IMO on a 1-10 ( 10 best Z06, 1 yugo): 3

Last edited by 68Killerbee; 01/18/12 03:52 PM.