I also graduated high school in 1969.

In my area (Washington DC, DC Suburbs), muscle cars everywhere. My next door neighbor had a 1969 Dodge Dart 340 Swinger, B5 exterior, black vinyl roof, 3.23 Sure Grip, 727, dog dishes.
I loved that car!

My older brother was a car salesman for Bob Banning Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge in Maryland, from 1968 through 1972. He sold Mopars from taxi cabs to a 1970 all black Hemi 'Cuda.

In early 1970, I factory special ordered a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340, B7 Jamaica Blue Metallic, deluxe interior with bench/center arm rest, 3.55 Sure Grip, stripe delete option, body side moldings, ralleye wheels with E70 - 14 GoodYear raised white letter tires, heavy duty cooling and electrical systems, AM MusicMaster thumbwheel radio. GREAT CAR for $2,870 delivered price!

I sold this car in 1973 to pay my college bills!
Sold for $1,450 with American Racing equipment Torque Thrust D wheels and aftermarket G60 -14 on the back!

Wish I still had the car!

The car had it's share of problems new (bent distributor shaft, rough idle, poor exterior paint) but its was a BLAST to drive!

And I Dusted all those Chevy SS 350 Novas, the 343 Javelins, and the 351 Mustangs!

Like the women I have dated --- Always looking for a better deal ....