Very long

My first new car was a '63 Fury w/ the 415 Horse Super Stock Motor. I had ordered the Sports Fury, but when I went to the dealer (Highland Park Motors in Illinois) They received just? a Fury.
It's my signature car.
Anyhow I remember when I got there only the showroom was open. The salesman walked me back into the shop area, and there she sat. All clean and looking good. All concerns about not having bucket seats, and the extras that came with a Sports Fury left quickly.
The salesman first opens the hood, he says “anything missing" I look around see the 2 big black air cleaners that "Orange Monster" engine, those big chunks of cast iron exhaust manifolds.
So I say "yep everything's here"
He says "where is the battery?" I guess I really looked stupid when I said "I don't know, where is the battery?".
He then opens the trunk, and botta boom, there's the biggest battery I'd even seen, sitting in the trunk on the passengers side. With all them hoses sticking down thru the trunk floor, sure looked strange. To this day I cannot remember dual Negative battery cables, as most "restorations" or clones have. I don't think my car had them.
Anyhow I get behind the wheel the salesman says pull the choke lever out, and start her up. Thought I was going to need 2 legs to push the clutch pedal in. Well I got it started, and killed it at least three times before I got it out the back door.
Other cars that I rode in back in those days were a a "58 Chewy Impala owned by a guy named "EM" w/ 348 in³ "Tri-Power" engine a 59 Chevy Impala 348 "Tri Power", a '60 Catalina 348 TriPower.
I also had the pleasure of a one time Drag race (in someone else’s car, had plenty in my car)on Eden’s Expressway (for you Chi-town fans), driving my buddies '63 Red Corvette split window coupe in a race, 60 mph punch, against a 63 Imp w/ a "409" 4 speed and 4.56 gears. Ray's Vette had 327 four speed car (I think it was rated around 330-340 horses), And a 3.08 rear gear. Gosh that Vette was long winded (I know so am I). So here we go, Ray's driving my Fury, and when the Imp and the Vette lined up at 60, Ray honks the horn.
The Impala's in second & pulled me right away, I wrapped that tach to 6500 or so in First, when I banged Second gear Ray said the Vette's wheels came off the ground, wasn't long till the Imp ran out of gear, I sailed by him, and Ray was the proud recipient of $50 for the race.
The Drive-in (Skokie Il.) we all hung out in looked like American Graffiti, cause it was. I had the only Mopar (as I recall), Rays Vette was there plus the Impala, a Furd Fairlane w/ a 406" and three deuces, A couple of Ponchos w/ the 421" Tri-Power motors. An older '56 Ford Fairlane drop top with a '59 Caddy three deuce motor owned by a guy named Beirbaum. We all had race on another and I guess you guys probably don't know which car was the lightest(except for the Vette), and fastest 2 door hardtop there.
Great times in the early 60's I'd go back right now, no question about it.
MaxWedge