Cool stories guys! I'm gonna save these so I can keep them for future reference, just for the heck of it.
I was inspired to take my R/T out today and imagined what it must have been like to have it when it was a new car. The car has about 131,000 miles on it and has never been "restored"-it got a new paint job in 1987 and new upholstery soon thereafter, so the doors, body panels, windows, etc. are still in their original places. There are no wind leaks (and that annoys the hell out of me-my '99 Crown Vic cruiser sounds like you're driving in an infinite wind tunnel) the doors have that sweet "ka-thunk" when they close, the heater takes a while to get going, but when it does, it's like driving a sauna. That big old thin steering wheel just feels so "right" in my hands, and the 4-speed shifter is in just the right place(in 2nd and 4th, anyway)

Another thing about the old cars-I never bump my noggin on the A-pillar. They're swept back too far on new cars, and there never seems to be enough leg room in late models. Even my '68 Dart was a roomy car up front.

I guess you really had to "drive" these cars back then, to compensate for what is now referred to as their shortcomings, whereas new cars are so much more user-friendly, that I think the thrill of driving is diminished somewhat, and probably has contributed to modern drivers' being less-skilled behind the wheel.

68 Valiant 408
69 Charger 318
69 Cougar 351W
70 Torino GT 351C
71 Country Squire 351W
71 Road Runner 440+6
71 Satellite sedan 318
73 Duster 318
73 Challenger 383
77 Grand Prix 455
83 Malibu 9C1 383
84 Delta 88 403