Man....do I remember when Dad brought home a 71 Duster brand new. Total price was like 2g with tax, title, free tank of gas, etc. Had rubber floor mats/no carpet, 225 slant with 3 speed on the floor, with air. Runs all in the trunk and under the hood, though had that new car smell. Exterior paint was bright red, but not the gloss we're use to now. The slant ran like a sewing machine though.....but Mom hated the thing due to the manual steering and the tranny was somewhat "clunky" to shift. It just didn't look right with those skinny tires and didn't ride all that well at all. Wandered in the corners.....and braking was darn well sluggish(compaired to today).

My sister ended up with the slant. Dad sent $ to college to get sis to change the oil. Seems it went to beer instead. Once, she came home and the darn thing was dented to hell and Dad sprung for an oil change while she was home. Slant still running like it was no tomorrow......and the mechanic remove the plug and the oil ran like goop.(Remove pan and removed sludge) Flushed/filled/ran/refilled with Kerosene and afterwards oil(man, DAD was PISSED) and the darn thing ran another 4 years till she graduated. Sold to another gent.....who ran the same engine another 8 years. When I turned 16, we found the car....dented more....the the old slant was STILL taking him to work everyday, burning a 1/2qt between changes and ran like a top. Body was toast however....but my sister did most of it. It WAS a tough old bird......somewhere in a new Honda....may she rest in peace.