Quote:

Your taking it wrong. I want this to be a success as well. Low pay and high entry fees will cause out of town racers not to show. there is not enough local mopars to make it work. Track rental and insurance is not as high as you might think. If spectators show up and there is not very many cars they will not be back. If MMW was the same as allways, I had planned on bringing 3 cars. I think he should have no worries keeping it very similar as he bought the rights to a well proven brand specific race and show program. It was second to none inc. Brand X race/shows in my opinion. One of the most successful races for the promoter is ADRL and they let the spectators in for free. Just $20 a car for parking. When you get in free it's easy to spend money on t-shirts, beer, soda, pretzels etc. and that's where the high profit is.

And I do not know Josh but I am happy that he has the means to take this task on and wish him well. I have only replied to this topic as he is asking us pay for an extra race on Sat. that should be included in the $125 entry fee and allways has been at MMW

dan does bring up a point , you do have a proven already made race , you moved it all you did , to some out here should be easy go to race
if you change nothing , last year was one of the best and if youre building off that base , it should be an easy show and race,!
my issue is the entry for me last year i paid 160 ? to race and 1 entry for the weekend this year im will be close to 225.00$
havent got the hotel yet
i useually spend @ 300 $ while im there, so it was @ 400-500$ i useualy spent that weekend
so my point will be i can only show up 2 days and race only
but others have had to do this in the past , i know ,
but i will miss the friday and will not have the extra for the incidentals ,stuff
as for paying judges ,and hotel rooms?/ most car shows ive seen has been volintary??