Dave,
I have been using RPM on several restoration projects and the results have been outstanding. The Product is easy to apply, doesn’t modify the original appearance and has proven to be very durable. As a Design Engineer I am always interested about how a product will perform in various conditions, so I decided to run it through several test, including lab testing and a road test. The initial test started as a road test in December and lasted until March through a particularly harsh winter (applied to a front end component on a daily driver); I am pleased to say the product performed extremely well through every temperature change, snow/ice event and several salt cycles. During the road test I also conducted several lab test cycles alongside the new OEM Components I was testing for the market; the test included extreme temperature changes, 1000 hour salt spray, 100% humidity testing and it is currently going through additional “abrasive” testing. The testing was performed on a bare metal tie rod end with RPM applied after heating the part with a conventional heat gun, the product performed perfectly and generated better results than anticipated, if fact it performed as well as any of the OEM components in the test group and outperformed several of the samples. Before starting the final test, I performed a quick inspection of the parts condition, its appearance has not changed through the entire test cycle; which is a remarkable accomplishment. In my opinion, this product is perfect for the restoration industry since it does not alter the original appearance of the part and it will certainly withstand conditions much worse than any restored car/motorcycle will ever encounter. This product also has several potential applications in additional industries, including Marine.
Congratulations on an excellent product, I know you didn’t request this additional testing but curiosity got the best of me and I must say I have been extremely impressed. I plan to keep a supply of it around for future restorations, I always disliked having to paint front end components on a nice driver/show car and lose the original appearance; this product eliminates that problem.