Dave,

I just purchased some of your RPM to use on the front suspension of my 74 Road Runner. I'm in the process of documenting the paint inspection/ID marks and there are way more than I thought. Most are of course on the ends where the castle nuts are, but there are a number that are in the middle of the part. I assume these are identification marks so the assembler can just grab the right part out of a bin on the line. For example I found a pink mark in the center of the left side (drivers) steering arm that is bolted to the lower side of the spindle. The end that connects to the tie rod has a Lt. blue mark. There is no paint mark where the lower ball joint goes through the arm. I take it that the ID marks were present when the part was assembled and the inspection marks were put on later after the suspension was assembled. The runs in the paint on the part (ID mark vs inspection marks) go in different directions. I think to be absolutely correct the ID marks would have to be put on first then the suspension assembled and then marked with inspection daubs. I thought what I'd do was get the suspension parts cleaned then sealed with RPM and put them together when I arrived at that point in re-assembly. That could be some time from now. If I use the RPM now then it would not accept paint when I get around to re-assembly, correct? Do you have any suggestions?