Quote:

How does RPM work on threaded areas? Does it fill the area, causing a tighter fit or should it be applied after parts(front end componets)have been installed as a touch up?

Hi everyone,

As a bit of a quick introduction I'm Tom Barcroft with ECS. I manage the production and marketing of RPM . During Project Valiant I took and categorized many of the documentary pictures we used during the restoration. If anyone has any questions or feedback on RPM I'll be glad to provide input and would like to hear of any uses outside of the restoration arena.

Specifically on the bolt question : Treating the bolts and nuts separately would provide protection and allow you to store the parts for future use. The tie-rod ,clamp and nut used in some of the ads and magazine articles for the Valiant was treated a year before it was installed in the car. It's best to apply inspection marks before treating the part / area but some marks must be applied after the part is on the car. just remember to prep the area with thinner and light steel wool, apply your marks then retreat the area to fully protect the part. Applying RPM to the threaded areas does not change the threading ability.