Quote:

Quote:

Got a couple for just under $300ca a piece

Hey Zippy I'm still wondering why every body's calling them eagles when in StarParts they are just a 2009 & up 5.7L VVT head. I think the only reference was to some preproduction codename. Nowhere do i find that codename refereced now, what are your thoughts on this nomenclature?

09+ 5.7L Named Eagle

11+ 6.4L Named Apache

Word is a 600 HP Apache is in development now...

This Company is NOT messing around...with their Ferrari / Maserati company owning..owners.

That's correct on the internal "code names".

Though I know next to nothing about OE development, I know for sure the MP carbureted 392 crate motor was good for over 600 real measured HP. The only difference between it and the FI version is the tall single plane intake....that big manifold is the real deal. The catalog 540HP rating on the carb motor was very conservative....The FI version's 525 rating was very close to reality.

Taking carb, huge intake and no emissions requirements into account on the performance side, and taking variable cam/intake/larger budget/larger staff/more resources available on the OE side, I would have to predict the OE should be able to make the same or better power than the carb performance crate motor

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri