Flatlander racing also has relatively cheap stroker rotating assys.

Not as cheap as "that one guy" (who I can't remember his name at the moment) on ebay, but very reasonable.

Quote:

Why bother with 5.7L VCT stuff when a new bone stock 392 will run 10's in your racecar and get near 30MPG on the street??

There is no publicized part number for an OEM 392 yet.
Even if there were, in a race application how do you propose to control it? It needs slightly more than spark and fuel!

Stuff like....has anyone ever seen a stand alone that would run mds? How about the variable intake manifold?
How about the VCT? Me neither.

How is a predator or trinity tune on an OE computer going to work with a 904, 5 grand converter and 4.88s in a gutted A body? Not particularly well

Not many folks want to run a huge, heavy mercedes transmission with a bunch of gears that will never be used in a drag car....Not many want to be forced into a stick shift....

So on/so forth etc

Don't get me wrong I like the OE 392, but it's got a bit more technology than most hot rodders are comfortable with at the moment The aftermarket controllers have to be able to run all the whiz bang high tech stuff, otherwise it ends up being kind of a mess

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri