Quote:

Troy that's the Ignitor I,...the Ignitor II is PN# PNX-91381A, you can only use this kit on the Chrysler distibutor,.....if you insist apon using the Prestolite unit then your stuck with the pn# PNX 1382 for the Ignitor I,.....I'd strongly recommend you purchase a rebuilt Chrysler RB SINGLE POINT dist for about $50, and run the PNX 91381A kit,....much more improvement over the earlier IGN I....the correct coils are Flame Thrower I PNX 40611, or for the Flame Thrower II, should you use the IGN II set up, PNX 45111,...I'd recommend you lose the ballast resistor in the system, you can still keep it for "looks" just gut it out, and solder in a #10 wire.

Mike

Thanks Mike.. I'll look up the Ignitor II/Flamethrower and find the best deal. I have two new single-point distributors already. For now, I'll keep the Ignitor I in the 500 since it's not going anywhere soon and I'll purchase an Ignitor II for the Daytona with the flamethrower. I couldn't find a Prestolite version of the Ignitor II. Right now can't afford nearly $300 for two II's at one pop... Also, I already have a ballast resistor with the #10 gut..

Last edited by hemi68charger; 01/25/11 09:24 AM.

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)