Quote:

Your plan is the worst restoration plan I've ever heard.

I'm certainly open to suggestions, but I don't know why people have to make unhelpful / nonconstructive comments. 1969Hemi actually game me a reason as to why he thought painting the entire car all at once was a better idea, and I can appreciate that.

I see why having everything painted at once makes good sense. My reasoning for wanting the car painted into two stages was to allow me a chance to work on the undercarriage, engine bay, and Dash re-installation while saving funds for a three or four months for the main paint job. Working on these areas without fear of damaging the fresh paint on the rest of the car I though would be helpful.

I'll certainly reconsider my plans and speak with my paint and body guy. I'm still in the beginning stages of ironing out the body work details with him. This is the first time I've torn a car this far down for a resto and so I'm all ears for suggestions....which is a huge reason I'm on a site like Moparts to begin with.

That said...Putting a "two-cents" icon after a rude comment doesn't make it any less rude. There's no question Allen that you have gobs more experience than me when it comes to auto restoration, so why not actually share some helpful advice? I doubt you'd make that comment in person and then walk away without sharing anything further. Right?

-dan

1969 A12 Roadrunner
1970 Plymouth Cuda
1968 Dodge Dart