word of advice, take some time and start to study these cars and start researching your options.

the V10 is EFI only, no carb manifolds for it unless you make one, and then you have spark control to figure out too. gotta keep the EFI, which means computers, wire harnesses, etc.

this will be a heavy fabrication job, lots of home made parts. time consuming or expensive.

I say to research it...completely! price the parts you think you'll need, save up, then save double that for unforseen expenses.

I thought I would do a "simple" big block swap to a Dakota. I knew I'd be making mounts/headers, and figured the rest would be easy.

I ran into so many tiny headaches that I didn't think about or that didn't go as planned.

I told the wife I could do it for 6-8K, including a build of the motor and purchasing the trans.

I spent about $13K. granted, a lot of my expense was the snowball effect...if I'm rebuilding, why not spend a little more on a stroker crank. if I'm reconditioning rods, why not spend a little more on new ones that are stronger...
the "stockish rebuild w/ cam" turned into a 500 hp stroker build.

**Photobucket sucks**