Quote:

(Quote)
I'm actually currently studying to become a Mechanical Engineer

I would suggest you wait till you finish school and get a high paying Engineering job. Then you will "be" an engineer and you could design the whole thing yourself, and have the bucks to build it too. Think of the bucks you could make selling kits for them. What ever you do have fun.

To the OP, I don't want to dampen you spirits or passion for Mopars....BUT...this is great advice. Like he said, if there is currently no kit available, then you could successsfully fab this and market it yourself. Not to mention, (hate to sound like a parent here but...) you could focus on school. If you want, just drive the Dart to "tool around in" while in school. Have fun and enjoy the car then it could become your project when you are done with your studies. Trying to dive into a project like you are talking about while still in school would not be good.

Oh, and this is coming from a guy who did a simple big block swap in college while working 3 pt jobs to pay for it (and school) and having so little money that Raman Noodle became his main food on a daily basis.

65 Barracuda
70 Challenger