Not too much to show lately, still removing paint from around the trunk and front & rear window gutters. Not very interesting stuff so I've kind of been starting other little projects as an aside.

Figured I'd take the plunge and buy a new Spectra gas tank, of course it's cheaper to buy it in the States and have it shipped to Canada, even though it's Canadian made there is not much choice as to where to purchase it here and it's more than double the price. Mine is dented quite a bit, so to avoid hassles I thought I'd purchase new.

Here's my new tank, what a beauty.

Test fit the tank:

Started going through my stash of Slapstick shifter stuff, before AMD came out with theirs I purchased some original brackets off ebay. I'm going from column to floor shift.

I also started stripping the front and rear bumper brackets. Will use some rust encapsulator on them followed by some eastwood's extreme chassis black.

Got the rear bumper guard brackets finished up as well, one NOS and the other has some slight surface rust that I removed after soaking in Evaporust for a few hours:

Here they are after a couple coats of Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator and Chassis Black, with original nuts and clips:

Last edited by CDN72SE; 05/03/18 03:29 PM.