Door Hinges
My door's have never closed (hinged) correctly and I was never really sure what part(s) I may be missing for the hinges. One side had a roller the other didn't, one side had the little piece the roller rolls on and the other didn't and the hinges were just loose.

Many years ago I bought the door pin and bushing repair kit from the local parts store (Canadian Tire) and had it laying around, then I thought I may need something better. so I purchased the Door Hinge Pin Kit you see on the right in the first picture.

Bought the drill bit and gave it a shot, had a hard time with the drill bit and then gave up. Figured I would bite the bullet and get the hinges rebuilt instead of buying the new AMD hinges. Searched around with what others were saying and decided on SMS.

Here they are cleaned up and lubed and the rods and rollers look very solid, better than originals.

When received:

lower hinges:

Upper hinges:

Close up of pin:

Another view:

Lower installed:

Upper installed:

My car is nowhere near ready and I only installed the doors to get them out of the way but it's nice to see the doors open and stay open and close smoothly.

Last edited by CDN72SE; 05/03/18 03:44 PM.