Quote:

Great topic, and another ?

Which is a better manifold, the BB six pack or the small block manifold itself.

My slightly modified sb likes 7k max, ive run it to 7600 but it seems to fall of at 7.

Good Vid...pretty mild combo but the six pack works well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxsguEwUgew

As far as stock for stock in the early 80s two friends, one had a very much stock 69 340/4 speed 3.91 Dart. Another an AAR Stock auto with 3.55s.

I know of no mods on the aar, the only thing we could tell on the dart was it had the big plastic spreadbore on it and it must of been lean as it got run hard and when running top end blasts you could eat a plug strap.

No getting back to the cars...I would say out of about 10 runs over a couple year period it was always the dart by a car length weather from a dead stop or a slow roll. stick/3.91 vs auto/3.55.

Both the aar and the dart were good running stockers and even in the early 80-s matching numbers, NOS, fender tags, never entered our minds just two cars on a country road doing what they were built to do...and them were some fun times.

Ive never run a tricked out T quad, but im leaning to one on a stock manifold/in a stroker motor in a driver project im working on.

I hate to ask the cost of a good 1000cfm unit, but then again it would still be cheaper then the full SP setup.

A GOOD 1000 cfm TQ setup would be equivalent to
the factory six pack setup, engine depending (cubes, compression, cam timing, exhaust tuning
and ignition setup/timing). The cost may be on a sliding scale depending on the engine also!! Either one you can,t go wrong!! Thanks for the
input, fellow members!! You have given me food for thought!!

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)