Quote:

Quote:

I have no experience with a tq, but I cant complain about my 6pack, it just runs good. I have used a performer rpm airgap with a carter avs- I wasn't too impressed, then I went to the sixpack on a Weiand/mopar crossram- it ran a hell of a lot better, but didn't really pull below 3k. Then I swapped to a factory sixpack manifold, low end came back strong, but it did lose a bit up top.

Why the crossram did that is because of the passages. They were tuned for 2.5k to about 6.5k.
The factory manifold is tuned for off-idle to 5.5k. Big difference!! The crossram needed gears
around 3.90 and up. The factory manifold would be comfortable with gears from 3.55 to 4.10
before rejetting for bigger gears.

I knew that when I swapped. I would have kept the weiand, but I couldn't clear the hood with the air cleaner on. BTW, I have 4.56's and 29" tires, and the weiand has all of the old "tricks" done to it, the carbs have been worked as well. The car ran 10.9's in the late 80's/early 90's on DOT tires. Now it's on street duty, but I'm workin on a new engine that should put me in mid-low 11's on pump gas, with no issues on the street.

Daily driver: 2002 Dakota R/T, slightly modded Weekend machine: 70 cuda, 440-6 street/strip