MSD = Mighty Stupid Design. yes i know they're the leader in automotive ignitions but i've never cared for the way they package their stuff. imho holley had the right idea way back when and i still use their ignitions but they just couldn't compete with msd. i'm not an engineer so i can't speak at that level. most digital stuff wants to see a square wave but afaik they can condition the sine signal and basically make it a square wave. when holley was doing their ignitions i was in close contact with the factory for a number of reasons. there was a change in the management so i ended up dealing with a different person that commented the previous individuals were OK with using a sine wave to trigger the digital but he was against it and felt it MUST be a square wave so you would need a hall effect or similar. i did get a couple hall effect sensors but never installed them as i have never had any problems with the standard sine wave magnetic pickup triggering the ignition. personally i find it hard to believe msd would design their digital ignitions so they only accept a square wave input given that most "triggers" used would probably be sine wave. i would "think" with all the R&D and engineering they have at their disposal they would have designed their digital ignition to accept a sine input but what do i know. on another note imho i wouldn't be using a stock mopar distributor to trigger an ignition of that caliber anyhow as it kinda defeats the purpose. one thing to be cautious of is trigger polarity, get it backwards and they can do all kind of strange things.

on another note and don't take it personally, coming off cocky like that isn't the best way to go about things. yes you won a bunch of awards but remember this quote and it's meaning

"If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants"

you weren't born with that knowledge...someone gave it to you. fwiw my father taught auto shop at a high school and vocational level for 20 years