My take on MSD is this.

Over the years i have had a few MSD boxes, and for the most part they have worked fine. I did have a problem with a 6AL a few years back, that i proved was in the box, but hey, stuff breaks, nothing is infallible.

What MSD enjoys is a virtual stranglehold on the performance ignition market.Its a niche market that they OWN.

Pretty much any magazine you look at, the various prices you see they're stuff listed for are identical, same pretty much with Jegs, summit and everybody else, with very rare exceptions.

As they have hardly any competition, and its unlikely anybody is going to step up and spend the R&D and initial investent and marketing money to challenge them, its very likely the generally poor customer service they provide will ever get any better. Why would it, no other company makes a similar product that would force MSD to keep they're feet to the fire from a " treating customers great" standpoint.

Its kinda like the car business 25 years ago, only the domestics were out there, and say what you will, quality was many times lacking.

With the Japanese and everybody else now offering cars here, it has " forced" the product across the board to be better. Its just a plain old fact that that is how it is.

MSD has nobody, competition wise, to force them to do the above. Its actually somewhat of a feather in they're cap that the products are as reliable as they are with this being the case.

Long story short, they aint perfect, and they are a little crusty to talk to, but they own the only game in town

Kinda like Indy in some ways

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8