I posted this on the MSD page, but im sure it will get deleted. please note i experienced problem with a 7 series, but i hear a 6 MAY have problems too.

So the source of my problem was this: I am using a Mopar Electronic ignition pickup. This pickup using a reluctor wheel thus producing a Sine Wave or Analog Pattern. The MSD 7 series in particular needs to see a Digital signal or square pattern to properly fire a cylinder. Anyone with an advanced knowledge of automotive electrical systems should know this. My question is why in your catalog does it clearly state: "It will accept trigger signals from points/ECU output or a magnetic pickup.". Due to your simple catalog error I have spend 2 weeks wasting time and money trying to figure out why my ignition wont work. Being the #1 Student auto tech in the nation right now i wondered how you could accurately send a signal to something as complex as a programable 7 with a sine wave. I trusted your catalog, since you hire engineers and other various electronic competent employees to perform your design/testing process. It baffles me to know that something so simple slipped by everyone there, including technical support; who insisted my 7530T was defective and had to be returned. OK, that understandable, so i buy a 7535 and install it. I still have the exact same problem, but i just spend another $700+$50 for shipping. Once again i call tech support and you insist i need a crank trigger. Why? you dont know; only because some guy in Russia had the same problem on a Monte Carlo. Nice. All i can say is there needs to be some clarification in your catalog as to the workings of an msd. I'm an 18 year old kid working at a Dodge Dealership and I can figure out why my ignition is screwing up and tech support is throwing out guesses, something is wrong with that picture. Please clarify your products so other people dont waste their time and money. Kieron Kohlmann 2010 SKILLS/USA National Winner http://racinepost-schools.

blogspot.com/2010/06/kieron-kohlmann-wins-national.html