Generally we find most ignition problems are caused by interference,incorrect installation,backfeeds from other electronics,poor grounds,resistence, and plain stupidity.Without mentioning any names,we know a guy that destroyed a $30,000 engine cause he was so bright that he programed his racepac system and it would advance the timing 10 degrees for every 1000 rpms,so the initial timing was at 35 degrees at 1000 rpm, you do the math at 8000 rpm.He blame everyone from the engine builder to every parts manufacture involved including MSD.Look at the basics here,distributer was locked and timing was set at 35*(can't change),timing gears and chain is fixed(can't change),ignition box can only be controlled by imput,imput was controlled by racepac.Guess who was the Einstein who had their laptop hook to the racepac.Sometimes basic logic escapes common sence and the "Einstein" wants to bash and blame everyone else.I was at a football game and was watching the band at halftime,when I heard a mother standing near me comment that her son was the tuba player and as I watched him trip and stumble down the field,she commented:"look how bad the band is out of step with my son"