Sharpie - take some close up pics of both sides of the front and back of the attachment points. It may be that the bar and where you marked are both turning within the frame. Are the marks still in alignment with the frame itself?

You should be running out of adjustment on the bars. Can you show us a pic of where it is at (the bolt going thru the cam).

Is it is doing this the same on both sides?

I can only think of a couple of reasons why this would happen:

1) Bars are spinning at the attachment points - either hex end is stripped/rounded, or attachment point is spinning in frame.

2) Bolts on cams are stripped and pushing out when you drive it. You crank it up, but drive it and it pushes the stud out of the cam. Repeat.

3) Alignment it out of wack pushing the front end down. If this is the case, you should be able to drive it and reverse and it should rise back to where you have it. Alternately, you should be able to jack the front of the car up under the K-frame and lower it again and it should go back to the original cranked up height.

4) Retaining clips are missing out the back of the rear attachment point - allowing the bar to back out and spin. I *seriously* doubt this is it. Bad things would happen.

5) Frame is rusted and the whold back piece is spinning/bending (doubtful).

6) Bars are completely shot/fatigued and won't hold their spring (where the bars ever heated or in a fire)? I would think if this was the case the bars would fail.

7) Something physically bent/jacked with the cams.

8) We are all on drugs.

1970 Charger - V10, 6spd, Alterkation, Street Lynx 4 Link, Moser Dana 60, Wilwood 14" disks, Forgeline 18" Wheels (Rear:335's), ISIS Multiplexing Wiring http://www.v10mopar.com 2012 Charger SRT8