Quote:

How bout the fuel filters,were they suppose to be silverish looking ones.I thought the white ones came on race hemis.Looks great though .By the way though the paint on the exhaust manifolds,will burn right off the fist time you start the car, it did on mine

No, his filters are the correct style, all 1964-1967 Hemi's utilized plastic filters, the info I have shows blue ink stamped filters were street Hemi's, red ink stamped filters were Race Hemi & Max Wedge. The current plastic reproduction filters are not exact to originals, but they are allot closer than steel would be.

Concerning the exhaust manifold paint, yes, most would burn away pretty quickly, however most times there are areas around the exhaust flanges that don't so you will see remnants there in most cases.

Quote:

Looks great Dan. The only things I see beside what has been stated already, and this is getting nickle/dime, there usually is a small amount of overspray on the valve covers right at the base. The engines were painted with the valve covers on and the taping off was hit and miss. The plug wires may also have paint marks slopped on them. Carb ID tags? When is it going in? Drop me a line to let me know how things are going. Holgar

I agree on the valve covers being installed when painted (masked off) and usually had the gaskets and a fine edge of paint near the very edges of the covers in areas (it was usually not very uniform). Also, often times the plug wires having traces of paint as well (that would have been covered in my generalized paint details comment).

The spark plug wires and distributor were installed as a unit pre-assembled, the paint was still wet when the wires were dragged around on the engine to route them and often picked up small smears of paint. Also, many plug wires have tiny speckles of paint indicating that they were in the line of fire when the engine was being painted, so it's likely that the wires were'nt far away when the engine was painted, possibly the distributor assembly was installed and masked off somehow. The fuel lines & filters were also installed when the engine was wet, often the lines & filters will have paint smears on them as well.