Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the paint from Supercar Restorations

The color looks spot on for 1964-1968 Race Hemi's, Street Hemi's, and Max Wedges, it's typically called "Race Hemi Orange". That's the first I've seen of thier paint, looks just as close as what Frank Badelson sells.

As far as nit picking your detailing job, pretty tough to do without being there, you definately have it very close, any small stuff would likely relate to paint application (bare areas, overspray, etc.) hose and belt markings, etc. Of course wrong oil filter, other noted missing componants you mentioned, and I think your alternator needs some help.

Scott, I started another thread to nit pick my problem areas. I need all the help I can get . I didn't have my alternator sent out and done, could you give me some pointers that I could do to make it more correct?

Thanks
Dan.

I pulled this from the other thread as a lead in to save some typing.

Ok, on the alternator, the Stator (the bare steel looking part sandwiched between the front and rear case halves) should have a brownish gold color as they were coated with an insulating varnish when new, the rear case deatils aren't eveident in your pics but you should have date stamped/part#'d diodes as well as a ribbed style Torington center bearing plus other small screw plating details, also, most of them had colored splashes of inspection markings around the positive post area and the back side of the case. Jim Ridge fromDixie Restorations can likely help you on all that.

*BTW, R/T, his alternator bracket is fine