I'll fill in the blanks in Hemiparts story about the motel at Rockingham. I had a very brief stint with a blown 392 hemi between the rail of a front engine AA/fuel and got to know a lot of those guys to. Rockingham dragway has for ever been on a two lane road. The nearest motels and eatery is 5 to 10 mile in either direction. On the Rockingham side of the town of Aberdeen was a Honey's Restuarnt and Motel. Back near Pine Hurst, the golf capital, was some pretty good food. A group left the motels in aberdeen and went to eat near Southern Pines. As I remember, Don Prudome, Ed Pink, Mike Burkhart and others came back to the motels late Saturday night. Most everyone was standing around waiting for the Ed Pink/Keith Black bar to open (the trunk of a Lincoln Continetal). After a few minutes, a man walked up the group and asked if we knew the man driving the pick-up truck with the funny car on the trailer. Everyone admitted to knowing the car. The man said something is wrong with the guy laying in the front seat. Every one goes over to the truck. It's probably 1:00 am. Don beats on the glass and Force wakes up and opens the door. Don asked him didn't he think he could sleep better in his room. John kinda looked around the group and said I don't have a room. I have ate my last bologna sandwich and I have to win some money tomorrow to get back to home.

I will try to look up a photograph I have of Force's car parked at Rockingham. In a part of the pits which has been flooding ever since the day the gates first opened. There is probably 6" of water around the car, the body is up and the work continued.