something to keep in mind when comparing the 440-2D vs the 337 in this type of build is cost.
the 2D is $350+ before you have the ports opened to MW size, or do any plenum mods.
Indy gets $100 for the CNC MW job, so now you have a $450+ manifold.

on the 2D tested here, i opened the ports to MW size and trimmed down the plenum divider height.
the 337 was run right OOTB(other than grinding down the bottoms of the end rails to clear the attaching bolts of the ICH valley plate), and is only like $229.......if you can find one.
and in all fairness, the port exits on that intake were pretty small for "MW" sized runners, so some gains might be made if the intake were tweeked a bit.
one could probably have that done and still have it cost less than a std port sized 440-2D($350).

Ron can tell you, i was totally a skeptic about the 337 manifold before we started doing some back to back tests.
but for this type of build, its really a pretty good piece.

if these became available again, they would be my #1 choice for the pump gas/street type stroker builds where a MW sized intake would be preferred.

something like the 505 that TonyS built with the CNC stealth heads.
505 dyno thread
take that motor, open the heads to MW size and run the 337 intake, and i think it would be reasonable to expect to see somewhere near a 20-30hp gain, with very little loss of low speed response.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads