Quote:

Quote:

Thanks guys for the moral support during this difficult time

Somecarguy - I'm running a Mopar Perf distributor. I didn't check timing above 5k, but based on the smooth graph it doesn't appear to have anything going on with timing.

Sixpackgut - I didn't mess with carb spacers with the M1 as it wouldn't fit under my hood anyways. I did run a 1" open on the Holey SD. I'm not sure the Stealth heads are worth anything in MW form. Have you heard anything about that?

BSB67 - My engine guys says his dyno is definitely more consevative than some other dynos...for what thats worth. I assume the numbers ar corrected and also that carb was opening all the way. The engine was already running on the dyno before I arrived for cam break in. I'll check later today just to be sure.

GCH - I did try a 1" open on the Holley SD, but nothing on the M1. I actually only ran the Holley with a 1" spacer, not without. The carb linkage was rubbing the intake without it. Gonna have the grind the intake a bit for clearance when in the car.

I'm almost tempted to flow one of the heads just to see whats going on with them...

IMO, your whole problem is port volume. i'm sure your heads flow around 300 or so but its still a standard port head. it just cant breath. if those heads are like the edelbrocks, raising the port roof as much as you can where the pushrod pinch is, is the only way to increase the volume. add in the 337 intake and you can use a MW style gasket and dont have to mess with a valley tray anymore. i still think you need way more plenum volume if you run a 4150 carb though.

Do you think a better head design like the Indy EZ would have the same problem (also flowing 300+ cfm)? Thats interesting that port volume would have such an impact on a big motor..but it does seem to make sense. I know on my 540 i made 750 ft lbs w/B1 heads, so i think you have something there