Quote:

Hey guys - Back from the dyno tonight and after lots of wrenching and changes...not much different. I decided not to try the headers tonight, mainly because we just ran out of time. Plus, the TTI header collectors angle inward towards the back of the block and would have required a little lite fab work to make them work on the dyno. Whatever gains there may be will have to be put to the test once its in the car.

Ok, so I decided to advance the cam and also switch intakes from the Holley SD to M1. The intake swap came first and peak numbers were 567hp at 5800 and 565tq at 4800 (vs the SD 560hp at5800 and 559tq at 4900). So, the M1 helped a bit, but not as much as I had hoped for.

Next, we decided to advance the cam. The Cloyes timing set has 3 settings so it went from 109 to 105. Peak numbers after doing that change went to 563hp @5600 and 565tq @ 4900. Timing and jetting were tested with each change and best timing with the advanced cam and M1 was 36, and jetting 78 and 86.

We made quite a few pulls in all and to be honest, I was just done. I'm sure the headers will help, but again, I will just have enjoy their benefits in the car. I will just have to guess what they could've done on the dyno.

All in all, I would be lying if I said I was completely satisfied. Its more like I have just come to terms with the reults. But despite the let down, I'm not going to give up on it. I'm going to get it in the car, and see what she can do at the track, where it counts. Plus, I have no doubt its going to make for a fun street car.

I guess that old Holley SD ain't so bad after all.

In the long run, Tony, I think you will be glad you built it the way you did...car should be a gas on the street and dependable. You could always try a cam lift with more lift to take full adavantage of the ported heads. Or you might try some 1.6 rockers some day. Cant wait for some real world track time and see what she does!