Ya gotta watch that kinda stuff. Waaay back when I was a high schooler, I recall a whompin' fast '66 Biscayne that had a "396" and column shifted TH400. Under the hood, only the headers looked non-stock. Stock valve covers, Edelbrock C-454 was painted orange, juice cam, big Holley, and some dual inlet Chevy air cleaner that was probably off of a 454 Chevelle- dual non-snorkle inlets similar to 1970 340, but with a lid that was the same dia. as the air filter element. It had Corvette rallye wheels with no trim rings, and L70-15 tires all around. The only hint as to the real nature of the beast was the spacers between the intake and the (orange painted) aluminum heads. With 3.42 gears, this thing would give up a big hole shot, and then go honkin' past about anything in high gear. Apparently was 550 cubes in a tall deck block. I personally know of a 420+ inch small block that even has had the W-2 logo massaged off of the old castings and everything including the intake is painted to look stock save for the ceramic coated headers. Probably good for low tens, given the rest of the build.