Now you are on the right track!

As long as you change everything to AFB jets and metering rods (and flat cover), then you are good to buy the Edelbrock strip kit (actually, everything you need to swap ((except the flat metering rod covers))is in the Eddy kit). Just swap the new jets and rods in and put your Carter parts you remove on the shelf. Pretty simple conversion, then you have essentially an Eddy AVS. Edelbrock won't want to speak to you about converting your Carter, they are in business to sell you a new Eddy $$$$$. But the main difference between the Eddy AVS and the Carter AVS you have is AFB metering rods, jets and flat metering rod cover. It's not a hard swap, you can do it in an hour (even if you've not done it before). Check the Eddy AVS PDF's on their website, it will be a big help in dialing the carb in.

Scott B. "I'm a self-made man... I started with nothing, and I still have most of it!" 68 360 rusty B'cuda 'vert (GO Fish)13.59@ 98.72 mph 69 340 GTS stock 14.18@ 95.60 mph 01 5.9L Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 01 3.5L 300M 16.23@ 86.97 mph