Quote:

Quote:

Here's a pic of a strip kit $42.79 at O'reillys(they ordered it-2 days) though w your carb the kit # will be different. Only caveat is when you drop the rod assembly on top of the spring that you then wiggle it slightly till it finds its hole rather than forcing it.

That I know of, nobody sells strip kits for the Carter AVS (occassionally you see a 30 year old used kit on Ebag). The kit above is designed for the Edelbrock AVS which uses Carter AFB style metering rods and jets. You cannot just install Eddy AVS metering rods in a Carter AVS without going inside the carb and changing the jets and metering rod covers also (so that everything is AFB style). The Carter AVS uses a longer 3 step metering rod, where the Eddy AVS uses shorter AFB 2 step rods.

That is a bummer but good to know now.

I think my best option at this point is to invest in a new replacement carb, enjoy driving the car, and get the proper conversion parts for my old AVS.

I will look for a similar carb @ the Carlisle show and see if I can find one to practice on.

I will call Edelbrock Tuesday and get the recommendation, but what are your thoughts on which unit to go with.

Thanks

Mike