I am still experiencing a surging issue at a constant speed, in any gear on my car and looking for help to kill this problem.
this is a...just put back on the road, '70 Dart Swinger, rebuilt 340 (stock guts w/a P4452759 cam, rebuilt (by Edelbrock thru Year One) Carter AVS #4937 4bbl, no a/c 4-speed car.
It idles well
It accelerates well.
but it surges when i keep a steady petal.
I have:
replaced the plugs
replaced the wires
re-gapped the air gap on the distributor (I took the dual point out and installed a Mopar electronic ignition system)
have the car timed @ 5 degrees BTDC
retorqued the carburator
retorqued the intake manifold
sprayed starter fluid around the entire top of the motor looking for a vacuum leak- none found
Adjusted the A/F mix per the Edelbrock carb manual which says to: turn one screw counter clockwise (rich) until maximum rpms are acheived, if there is a change of 45 rpms adjust the idle screw accordingly, then back the screw clockwise in (lean) just a touch. Repeat on the other A/F screw.
I believe the vacuum hoses are all hooked up correctly.
One runs from the drivers side valve cover to the base of the carb (thick hose) and the other runs from the base of the carb to the advance on the distributor (thin hose). The carb on the car does have what appears to be a fitting for a hose on the pass side of the carb next to the fuel inlet fitting. There is nothing connected to this fitting.
The 4937 is not the correct carb for this cari It is for a '70 340 automatic w/ ECS. But it's all I have.
It has been suggested that something is out of adjustment inside the carburator that is causing this surge issue.
My weakest skill area.

Anyone have any thoughts or direction?

thanks

Mike