Make more popcorn, the plot thickens.
Tony is not looking good, eek I talked to Dean yesterday for a good while

From the web
The Detroit side of the Ghoost

Dean Herron heard the stories. He was 10 years old at the time, and he would listen with rapt attention to the tales his older brother and friends would tell of their blacktop exploits against the mystery car. When he could, he’d sneak out at night with friends on their Schwinns and they’d watch for themselves. “Everybody called it the Black Ghost,” he recalls, “because it would appear, make a few passes, then we wouldn’t see it for a month or two. It was a legend.” Then, as quickly as it had appeared, the Black Ghost was gone. Years passed without a sighting.

Fast-forward to 1980. Herron was flipping cars and selling parts, mainly Mopar stuff. It was the Saturday afternoon of the July Fourth weekend and he was at a barbecue at his friend Steve Petrovic’s. One of Petrovic’s friends, “GQ,” had come over to see if Petrovic could help get his car running. “Steve knew I could fix cars,” says Herron. “He was from Yugoslavia, so his English wasn’t so great. Steve introduced me to GQ this way: ‘This dude he race on the street Hemi. He know Hemi good.’ I said, ‘Yeah, I’ll take a look at what you got.’”
Marketplace

Herron followed this guy—everybody called him GQ rather than his real name, Godfrey Qualls—to his home on the northeast side of Detroit. “We went to the garage door, which had two or three good locks,” says Herron. “GQ opens the door and the first thing I seen was a brand-new Shaker hood in the corner. The car was covered except for the hood, but I could see it was a black car. There was also a Harley and another motorcycle inside.”

Herron didn’t pay attention to the bikes; he was immediately fixated on the Shaker hood and on trying to buy it. But GQ had no interest. “When GQ told me no, I said OK, let’s see what you got. When he took off the blankets and I seen the Gator Grain top and that it was a Challenger R/T with the SE package, I about had a heart attack!”
black ghost challenger front three-quarter action
Proud of his heritage: The first thing GQ did after buying the Challenger was to put an Africa sticker on the fender.

Herron asked where GQ got the car. “I ordered it. This is my baby,” answered GQ. “I used to go up on Woodward, I’d run a few guys, then I’d come home.” At that moment, Herron realized he was looking at a bona fide Detroit legend. He was in the presence of the Black Ghost. “I’ve known about this car since I was 10,” says Herron, “and here I am, looking at it!”