Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
Over the years ie seen alot of muscle cars that had to to all kinds of things lots times the muscle car was also the family car.

Another interesting trailer hitch story;

Just a few minutes from my home here in southern Illinois is a purple '71 4 speed Hemi Road Runner. With a trailer hitch. In the early 70s, a student transferred to Southern Illinois University in Carbondale from the north west. He used the RR to pull his U-Haul to the university. He sold it to a local cop as soon as he got here because it nearly broke him in oil and gas. It had 4.10 gears. The cop sold the car long ago. But I got the chance to talk to him at length 20 some years ago and he actually had a scrap book with pictures of the car along with the build sheet.

Last I knew, the car, sans it's drive train is now rotting down in a field because the current owner won't sell. I tried for years to get him to sell it and have turned several people on to it who also tried but failed to save the car. I don't know it's status today. I haven't seen the car or talked to the guy the last few years. Sad story to be sure.

But how interesting it is to think about a Hemi RR with 4.10 gears pulling a U-Haul across the country.

Master, again and still