Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Summer and winter is a consideration. Saw numbers but can’t remember so won’t say I know right off.

Tesla says to expect the battery to degrade at least 3% per year no matter how it is treated.

If that is for reals it confirms what I always figured that years hurt them more than miles, kinda like the lithium ion batteries in my dewalt power tools... new they are usable and work all day fast forward 5 or 6 years it will barely do one set of lug nuts before I got to swap batteries to another one that barely will do a set of lug nuts then swap back to the first one thats been charging. The batteries are not technically dead as I can still make do with them (for now) but when it is time to replace the batteries it is cheaper to buy new tools. My 92 dakota with the original drivetrain still goes basically the same exact miles on a tank of fuel as it did new where a new battery powered car would have needed at least 3 $15,000 batteries in that span even if it was only driven the same 140,000 miles.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!