After seeing this topic I started thinking about stuff in general and how long it took for the general public to accept/get used to it. Computers would be a good example. Learned along ago that the first electric computer was invented around WWII time period. Yet it realistically took until the 1990s before the public got them in their houses. Airplane travel. Yes, Hitler did it in the early 1930's and it was considered very novel. But the general public in the US didn't really fly until the late 1960's- or early 70's. Phones in cars were indeed available back in the day. They cost an arm and a leg and if in a car, took up the entire trunk with equipment. Really took about 20-25 years to get out in large numbers to the public. Now with EVs there is no reason to think it will be different. They may or may not become the "Thing". If they do, we still need leaps in tech. Computers took buildings intially, phones took complete trunks. Battery tech is still not where it needs to be as going electric with current designs means using more resources than exist. Infrastructure is not really out there. The "Beta" vs "VHS" battle has not happened yet leading to standardization of even charger plugs. Could 2050 be a viable target date? Who knows but when did the gov get to decide the tech and mandate it? In fact, when has the gov actually ever done the right thing or picked the correct winners? That is not the govs job. I know the left wants the gov to make all decisions for the people but amazingly, the market tends to do a much better and more efficient job.

I've heard that with the tech, we basically have made the ICE engine about as efficient as possible. Perhaps. My 09 corolla gets 40mpg and realistically, what does a person want or expect. Personally I'd say that is good enough. I don't see tech coming along doubling that and with current fuel prices, if they did, I'm not sure of what the payoff would be. Is there a "climate change" problem? Who really knows. The climate has always changed. But what there is and will be is a a population problem. Not in the US. But look at where folks live in the world. Google it. Google world population by decade. You will see that(off the top of my head) in the US 1970 we were 220m. 50 years later we have 320m+. Think there was a disaster in Eithiopia in 1980 with a famine? Take a look at their population now. Not feasible for India/China/Africa to have US living standard. This is why the left's Climate change battle is actually not about climate, it is an anti-human campaign. Want to stop man-made climate change? End man on the planet.

67 Barracuda FB 69 Superbee "Southern Maryland: If you want a good looking woman, you had better bring her with you"