Originally Posted by Remy-Z
I own a Volt, a 2017. Bought it used with 19,500 on the clock at "I stole it" price, currently just a tick over 50,000. Here's my take on it:

* Summer range: about 60 miles EV only. Winter range: about 48 miles EV only.
* Fuel mileage on "Hold" (engine only): 44 mpg average, with A/C on at typical Interstate speeds
* Issues to date: one set of tires at 45,000 miles, hood and roof painted surfaces are "crazing".
* My 6'3, 290lb backside fits just fine.
* For my everyday use (15 miles to work, 15 miles from work and one extra stop in town), I don't use the engine.
* Longest I've gone without refueling the car is 7 months.

We bought the Volt to replace the prior "economy car" in our fleet, a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 6-spd. That car was a headache and a money suck. So far, besides the tires, the only things I've paid for with the Volt are the tags, the fuel and the car washes.

You did good. Grabbing a short range EV when they are cheap is a great way to pick up a second or third car for a household. I loved having a short range Leaf available for running short errands or driving kids to school and stuff like that. And as you pointed out, the maintenance costs on these things is close to zero.