Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Originally Posted by Pyper70
Originally Posted by INTMD8
Just an opinion but I would prefer carbs over dual throttle body injection.

I went to Holley EFI/Multi-port but only because I wanted to run it on E85.

I am trying to get the most out of my weekend bruiser. My fuel has consistently been over $7 a gallon here in Greece. This last weekend I killed a battery cranking for 30 minutes, removing fuel inlet pipes and filling fuel bowls with a syringe. Using starter fluid and constant cranking. I finally caught a lucky break and she kicked over....In the winter she can sit for a month and I can giver her 2 pumps and turn the key and she fires right up but the Summer was very hot here and even in my garage, the fuel evaporate after a weeks time. They are forcing me to go from Hoistorical plates to State plates and my registration goes from $40 a year to $1800 a year. So I might as well make use of the State plates and travel more with my car, get some better fuel numbers drive

I had a Holley analog setup decades ago and it worked well, until it didn’t. I liked it and get why you’d want one. That said, if starting after sitting is a big driver for spending the money, I’d rather just dump the gas in the carbs and go on. I’m not getting taking the fuel lines loose or just filling the bowls. Gas down the throat will do it.

You can buy a lot of gas for what this will cost. A lot. If saving money is the goal, add up how much gain you’d expect and how long the payback is. Be realistic as to how much you will drive. I’ve used classic big block mopars as three season drivers this century. Gas cost wasn’t as big of a deal as it might seem.

Agreed on consideration if cost is the driving factor.

Regardless of climate, if you're killing batteries, cranking for 30 minutes, removing fuel lines and using starter fluid.......... you have other problems that EFI will not solve.

Even if 120+deg ambient, you shouldn't need to do the above.

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 650rwhp @7250 510rwtq @5700